The Narratives of Culture and Identity Research Group addresses young researchers (PhD students, PhD candidates and postdocs) of any university, who focus on contemporary issues, and invites them to a new forum of research. The group serves to promote discussion among different academic disciplines, and aims to provide a framework for dialogue. We strongly believe that interdisciplinary thinking boosts and supports individual research. Research areas include but are not limited to: aesthetics, anthropology, cognitive studies, comics, film, gender, history, literature, memory studies, popular culture, sociology, visual culture.
Our immediate and long-term goals are:
- to provide a framework for research and feedback
- to contribute to the dialogue between foreign language and Hungarian studies of contemporary culture
- to invite renowned guest speakers for discussion
- to organise interdisciplinary and international conferences
Our Current Projects:
– Preparing the conference volume of the Gendered Identities in Contemporary Literary and Visual Cultures conference organized in June 2015.
– Preparing a selection of our own essays on questions of idenitity in contemporary British and American literature to be published in Filológiai Közlöny, a Hungarian literary journal. The expected publication date is spring 2016.
About our meetings:
Regular meetings take place to discuss individual progress, articles to publish, and editorial matters concerning the planned thematic issue as well as to learn from guest lecturers.
We are very grateful for our guests: Tamás Dunai (University of Debrecen) , Ágnes Kovács (University of Szeged), Gábor Tamás Molnár (Eötvös Loránd University), Győző Ferencz (Eötvös Loránd University), and our wonderful mentor, Judit Friedrich (Eötvös Loránd University).
About the Gendered Identities in Contemporary Literary and Visual Cultures conference:
This international conference took place on 5-6 June 2015 at Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest. Please see details here.
About our workshops:
please see separate tab.
Our call, plans and timeline can be downloaded from googledrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwgBip1Uvv5OSzlfNmlFNTRMUEE/view?usp=sharing
We are looking forward to working with you.
Kata Gyuris, PhD-student, ELTE
Eszter Szép, PhD-student, ELTE